Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Inktober Camel

I went to New York Comic Con last Thursday and it was awesome! I got to watch Juanjo Guarnido draw and ink Blacksad, so that was amazing. And I got to meet --and make a fool of myself in front of-- most of my favorite comic book illustrators (particularly Francis Manapul and Cliff Chiang). Overall it was a very, very great experience. I look forward to going again next year :)



I got home and immediately wanted to try inking something again. The previous weekend I went to the Bronx Zoo and fell a little bit in love with the camels, which are delightfully weird animals. So between that and a recent viewing of Lawrence of Arabia (don't even get me started on gloriousness of the Blu Ray), this happened.
-Anna

4 comments:

  1. Aw man... I met Juanjo Guarnido too... He was so rude! I actually started crying, I felt like I just found out Santa wasn't real, haha! I went to his panel though and watched his music video for the Metal Band, Freak Kitchen, it was really really good! Sort of made up for him making me cry... I guess not all artists can be as amazing/kind as Peter de Seve. What are ya' gunna do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!!! What did he do? He was just kind of quiet when I was there, didn't say much.

      Delete
  2. Well I went to the Artist's alley to see if he was there at his booth-- he wasn't, but there was a sign there that said he'd be back and would be signing things from 7-8pm. So I left, went to the Birdman panel and then ran back to the alley around 7:30. I got to his booth around 7:42--- as I was getting closer I could hear one of his assistant tell him that the girl in front of me would be his last signing. I was so upset, I was like-- I just ran here! I promise this is what I came here for, I thought he would be here until 8, he is one of my greatest inspirations! So the assistant was like, "I am sorry, come back tomorrow". and I said, "I am only here for today..." and I must have looked like I was going to cry because then the assistant was like, "okay one more!" I handed Juanjo the copy of his book I had been carrying around with me all day and he says, "one of my biggest fans but can't even come to my panel" and he just signed it quickly, didnt draw anything and thrust it back to me. I was in shock and was like, "of course I am going to your panel....." and I did and it was good, but he is jerk! Lol, good thing it doesn't matter in the long run, but I won't forget it, it was awful. It will probably be my worst memory of meeting an idol. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm sorry :( That's such a bummer. I guess that's the danger with meeting your idols... some of the most talented people turn out to be jerks.

      Delete