Thursday, August 8, 2013

Birding

I'm gonna pull a James Gurney and make a blog post with no drawings in it. I just thought I'd share some bird photos I've taken over the past few weeks, because I'm like super proud of some of them (particularly the hummingbird ones). Most of the photos were taken from my backyard and the woods behind it. It's amazing all the different species you can find. Once I realized how much diversity there was, going into the woods felt like stepping into another world. I'd like to make a simple bird identification children's book. That's my next project for my portfolio... I'm really excited to start it!

Common Yellowthroat (Juvenile)

 Ruby-throated Hummingbird (Male)

  Ruby-throated Hummingbird (Male)

 Indigo Bunting (Male, molting)

  Ruby-throated Hummingbird (Female)

No birds. But a bumble! 

 Osprey nest (Ithaca, NY)

 Bald Eagle

 Yellow-Rumped Warbler (Male)
(He hung around for a long time, always singing. We named him Rumply.)

 Brown-headed Cowbird (Male and Female)

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment