Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Stuff

Lately I can feel I've been slipping into some bad drawing habits, and most of that comes from not drawing enough from life. So I've challenged myself to do some life drawing every day, even if it's from photos. Today I did faces. A while ago I got this book of expressions, and it was the perfect reference. I was a bit rusty, but started to feel better as I got warmed up.
I watched Skyfall on Friday night, and I loved it. I think it might be the best of the franchise (Granted, I've never been a huge fan of the old James Bond stuff, and Daniel Craig is really the first Bond I've liked.) I drew this after watching it. It was late and I was tired, and so the likeness isn't great and I'm not entirely happy with it, but it's good enough for the blog.
And because I can't have a post without flashing my nerd cred, here's a drawing I did this weekend of Saint Walker from Green Lantern. I know almost nothing about the Green Lantern universe, other than what I've picked up from the animated series. But this character is cool, and I felt like drawing him. I was trying to experiment with some extreme foreshortening... not sure how happy I am with it. If you can't tell, I've been feeling a little bit "I suck at art" lately.


I also drew Jennifer Lawrence falling on her face.
-Anna

1 comment:

  1. I knew that was daniel craig immediately! So i guess you dont suck. :)

    But I know the feeling.... :/

    ReplyDelete