Friday, October 26, 2012

Mononoke

All the news about how Hurricane Sandy is going to decimate the East Coast (and therefore me), and how man-made climate change is a very probable cause for all of this ridiculous weather we've been experiencing lately...it's the essence of what Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke is saying (among many things). The film is all about the conflict between human civilization and the natural world, and how even though we can manage to find balance between the two, the conflict between man and nature can ultimately only end one way. The environment is something that I care about deeply. It makes me so angry to see how we abuse our planet, and rather than face the consequences of our own actions, we deny it, because sometimes it's just easier to be ignorant. ARGH, I say!

Anyway, here's San and one of her wolves. If you haven't seen this film, watch it immediately. It is my favorite movie. I've seen it more times than I can count (but actually though... I watch it a lot).


-Anna

2 comments: