Friday, March 23, 2012

Glen Keane

I haven't really done an "Inspiration" blog post before, but this just felt kind of necessary. Legendary animator Glen Keane, one of my biggest inspirations (and an inspiration for many, many illustrators), is leaving Disney Animation after 38 years. For me, anyway, it officially marks the end of an era that seemed to be coming to a close when Disney turned away from 2D animation in 2004, and that's a sad thing. I just hope that wherever he goes after this he'll continue to contribute to the world of animation.

I thought I'd post a few of his incredible drawings here, so when I scroll through my blog I'll see them and remember the power that a few pencil strokes can have. Sometimes we need to be reminded of the magic of drawing.


Images drawn by Glen Keane. Rapunzel, Beast, and Tarzan © Walt Disney Animation

-Anna

2 comments:

  1. The drawings of Flynn from Rapunzel were done by character designer Jin Kim, not Glen Keane.

    ReplyDelete