Friday, July 15, 2011

The Girl With No Name (and HP 7.2)

This girl actually does have a name, but I'm not telling. 
It's kinda weird. I used to be really secretive about my drawings, but I've gotten much better about that over the past few years. But I'm still SUPER self-conscious about the stories and characters I come up with (for me, not for like... other people. If that makes any sense).

ANYWAY, I saw Harry Potter 7.2 last night at midnight. My biggest expectation for the movie was a piece of music I hoped they would use for the epilogue... Leaving Hogwarts by John Williams. Listen to it, and I dare you not to tear up-- link
For months I've been saying (my brother can attest to this) that I would be disappointed if they didn't use that at the end of the final movie (it played at the end of the first movie). And they did use it!! I was so thrilled. I'm so glad the filmmakers and I were on the same page :)

While I enjoy the books and movies, I've never been obsessed with it like a lot of people. I mean, I'm really not one to criticize, because I'm certainly the type to get overly invested in stories, but people were losing their shit at the movie... a lot of people cried through pretty much the whole thing. I guess it's kind of the end of an era. My generation has grown up with Harry Potter... the first book came out when I was in 3rd grade, and now I'm 21 and a senior in college. So I guess I get the crying, even if I don't get it.

I think Dumbledore summed it up best:
Harry: "Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
Dumbledore: "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?"

-Anna

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I saw her name on the URL when I was viewing the image :)

    ReplyDelete